-   -   Automatically adjust cells to fit text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/115260-automatically-adjust-cells-fit-text.html)

Josh Craig

Automatically adjust cells to fit text

Hi,

I was just wondering if there is any way to have cells automatically resize
to fit text as you type? (Yes, I know about text wrapping but this doesn't
actually adjust the cell size to fit.)

Thanks in advance for your help,

Josh

Gord Dibben

Automatically adjust cells to fit text

Select a row and FormatRowAutofit

Individual cells in a row cannot be re-sized.

Cells are part of a row or column and take those heights and widths.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP