-   -   Cell Highlighting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/115255-cell-highlighting.html)

perezianda

Cell Highlighting

How can I have a cell automatically hightlight when any data is entered in
that cell. Conditional formatting not working for this.

Gord Dibben

Cell Highlighting

Select the cell, say A1

FormatCFFormula is: =A1<""

Pick a color and OK.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:18:01 -0700, perezianda
wrote:

How can I have a cell automatically hightlight when any data is entered in
that cell. Conditional formatting not working for this.

Ronster

Cell Highlighting

perezianda wrote:
How can I have a cell automatically hightlight when any data is entered in
that cell. Conditional formatting not working for this.

This works:

Formula Is =CODE(A1)0

hot dogs

Cell Highlighting

Set the font, colour, etc of the cell when it will have data entered. Then go
to conditional formatting, set 'formula is' =A1="" then set the format to
automatic with no fill. where A1 is the cell.