-   -   Word area inside Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/115219-word-area-inside-excel.html)

lawdoggy

Word area inside Excel

I have an employee evaluation form that is mainly a numeric rating
system and excel does a great job of adding and averaging, but I also
need some type of 'Word' area for the supervisor to type narrative form
explaining different ratings. How can I embed or insert a word area or
doc that can be free form typed and still have spell check and all the
good stuff? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Mitch

Dave F

Word area inside Excel

Insert--Object--MS Word document.

Functionality requires that MS Word be installed on the user's machine.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"lawdoggy" wrote:

I have an employee evaluation form that is mainly a numeric rating
system and excel does a great job of adding and averaging, but I also
need some type of 'Word' area for the supervisor to type narrative form
explaining different ratings. How can I embed or insert a word area or
doc that can be free form typed and still have spell check and all the
good stuff? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Mitch

Thanks Dave! I'm on my way now!