-   -   Two many different cell formats (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/115174-two-many-different-cell-formats.html)

Shannon

Two many different cell formats

When I try to format the contents of any cell I get the following message
"Two many different cell formats" - hoiw do I overcome this problem

Dave O

Two many different cell formats

Here is a Microsoft Knowledge Base article about that:

This happens in large spreadsheets that are format-intensive. Excel
can keep track of about 4000 different combinations of formats; beyond
that you get the error message. I have corrected this in large
workbooks by deleting unused sheets and by going to infrequently used
(but mission critical) tabs within the sheet and setting them to a
neutral format: no font color, no background color, no
left/center/right alignment, no patterns, no boxes.