-   -   Page Break Blue Line Broken! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/115038-page-break-blue-line-broken.html)

xcellentform

Page Break Blue Line Broken!

Has anyone ever had a blue page break preview line fail to move when
you try to drag it. I was in the process of moving the blue line down
about 3,000 rows and it froze up half way down, and I can not move it,
even though I saved, and reopened. Any ideas? Thanks

JLGWhiz

Page Break Blue Line Broken!

See "Adjust Page Breaks Before Printing" in Excel Help.

"xcellentform" wrote:

Has anyone ever had a blue page break preview line fail to move when
you try to drag it. I was in the process of moving the blue line down
about 3,000 rows and it froze up half way down, and I can not move it,
even though I saved, and reopened. Any ideas? Thanks

Dave Peterson

Page Break Blue Line Broken!

3000 lines?????

I just tried that and excel still added pagebreaks between 538 and 539, then
1078 and 1079.

I'm not sure I could put 3000 lines on a single sheet of paper. And if I could,
I don't think I could read it after I printed it!

--

Dave Peterson

xcellentform

Page Break Blue Line Broken!

xcellentform wrote:
Has anyone ever had a blue page break preview line fail to move when
you try to drag it. I was in the process of moving the blue line down
about 3,000 rows and it froze up half way down, and I can not move it,
even though I saved, and reopened. Any ideas? Thanks

I have tried all of the fixes that were suggested, even opened a new
workbook and tried to replicate the problem, all with to no availe.
The new workbook did not replicate teh problem, and worked like a
champ. My old workbook, however, the solid blue line is stuck on line
1,406, and I am unable to select the horizontal line. I can select and
move the vertical line, though. I have seen these kind of strange
odities arise in excel when the documents start getting large.
Currently it is around 3 MB. Any other thoughts out there?

homie

Page Break Blue Line Broken!

Just saw another discussion about this...goto Tools/Options. Under the EDIT
tab make sure drag and drop is enabled.