-   -   PivotTable - how do I hide page field when printing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/115014-pivottable-how-do-i-hide-page-field-when-printing.html)

Celia

PivotTable - how do I hide page field when printing

Using Excel 2003 I have created a PivotTable. I have created one worksheet
for each province and on each worksheet I have selected one province from the
dropdown page field. Now I do not want this field to show either on the
worksheets or when I print. If I go to the page field, right click and
select "hide", the field disappears but the data in the table changes to
include all provinces. How can I hide the line but retain it's functionality?

Thanks for your help
Celia

Gary L Brown

PivotTable - how do I hide page field when printing

Couple of thoughts.
1) Hide the row with the Page field on it.
or
2) right-click on the cell next to the Page field.
select 'Format cells...'
select 'Font'
select 'Color'
change the color to WHITE
now the info is there but no-one can see it

HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.

"Celia" wrote:

Using Excel 2003 I have created a PivotTable. I have created one worksheet
for each province and on each worksheet I have selected one province from the
dropdown page field. Now I do not want this field to show either on the
worksheets or when I print. If I go to the page field, right click and
select "hide", the field disappears but the data in the table changes to
include all provinces. How can I hide the line but retain it's functionality?

Thanks for your help
Celia

Celia

PivotTable - how do I hide page field when printing

Thank you so much Gary - that was exactly what I needed.

Regards,
Celia