-   -   DO NOT open Book1.xls when excel starts (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/114777-do-not-open-book1-xls-when-excel-starts.html)

[email protected]

DO NOT open Book1.xls when excel starts

Hello all, I wish someone could help me

I do not want excel to open the book1.xls as default when I run excel.

In fact I want to open as default another book, and I know how to do
that, the problem it's that the book1.xls stills appear.

By the way, I'm using Office 2000

Any comments?

Thanks in advance

ORK

[email protected]

DO NOT open Book1.xls when excel starts

In the EXCEL Icon, have it call up not just "Excel.exe", but "Excel.exe
/e". The switch (/e) will tell excel to start up in the "empty state".
Unfortunately, this is a little difficult, since the properties of the
startup icon can not be changed. You have to create a new one.

Hope this helps,
Dom

wrote:
Hello all, I wish someone could help me

I do not want excel to open the book1.xls as default when I run excel.

In fact I want to open as default another book, and I know how to do
that, the problem it's that the book1.xls stills appear.

By the way, I'm using Office 2000

Any comments?

Thanks in advance

ORK

Dave Peterson

DO NOT open Book1.xls when excel starts

If you really see book1.xls (with the extension), then you have a workbook named
book1.xls in your XLStart folder or in the folder specified in:
tools|Options|General Tab|At startup, open all files in

Either move that file to a different location (or delete it) or remove the entry
from that box in tools|options|general tab.

--

Dave Peterson