-   -   Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/114586-formula.html)

Confused Excel User

Formula

When I have a worksheet that I opened through Internet Explorer and I copy a
formula to a cell, the formula will be copied correctly but the value is not
correct.

Example If the formula in Cell J1 is =+h1*$G$8 and I copy this formula to
cell J2-J5 the formual will be =+h2*$g$8 for cell J2 and so on. If the
displayed amount in cell J1 is 250, then the amount for cell J2-J5 will be
250, which is incorrect.

This only occurs when the file in opened through IE, if I were to save the
file to my local drive and reopen it only through Excel the formula function
correcly.

Does anyone know how to correct this?

Dave Peterson

Formula

It sounds like calculation is set to manual.

Try tools|Options|calculation tab
and change it to automatic.

--

Dave Peterson