-   -   Put in text after a calculation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/114548-put-text-after-calculation.html)

joel

Put in text after a calculation

Hi to one and all

I have a silly question I am hoping someone can answer.

I am calculating between 2 dates and in the calculation result box I want
the answer wich I have done. At the end of the calculations I want it to give
the number of days and says days at the end of it

Example at the moment it says 2 but I wish it to say 2 days

Here is my calc

=H20-E20

Regards Joel
--
N/A

David Biddulph

Put in text after a calculation

You could custom format that =H20-E20 answer as 0 " days"
or if you want the answer to be text rather than a number you can use
=H20-E20&" days"
--
David Biddulph

"Joel" wrote in message
Hi to one and all

I have a silly question I am hoping someone can answer.

I am calculating between 2 dates and in the calculation result box I want
the answer wich I have done. At the end of the calculations I want it to
give
the number of days and says days at the end of it

Example at the moment it says 2 but I wish it to say 2 days

Here is my calc

=H20-E20

Regards Joel
--