-   -   Worksheet function to refer to columns by number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/114279-worksheet-function-refer-columns-number.html)

mcambrose

Worksheet function to refer to columns by number

Is there a worksheet function where I can refer to the cell by row and column
number rather than having to refer to columns by letters. For example I want
to use a formula like +cellvalue(1,1) rather than +a1. I need to be able to
increment the column and I don't know how to increment letters of the
alphabet. Thanks.

tim m

Worksheet function to refer to columns by number

When you say increment the Column letters how do you intend on doing this?
Often Excel will increment for you depending on what you want to do. Can you
give us an example of how you want to increment things?