-   -   True number as the result to an If-Then function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/113958-true-number-result-if-then-function.html)

kingham

True number as the result to an If-Then function

I know there must be a way to have the results of an If-Then formula be
functioning rather than text.

The following statement gets the $100 or $0 results that I want
=IF((P5+I5)38,"$100","$0")

However, the $100 or $0 is not a functioning number that can be added,
subtracted or multiplied. Excel is handling it as text.

Thank you very much for your help!

Niek Otten

True number as the result to an If-Then function

=IF((P5+I5)38,100,0), format the cell as $

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"kingham" wrote in message ...
|I know there must be a way to have the results of an If-Then formula be
| functioning rather than text.
|
| The following statement gets the $100 or $0 results that I want
| =IF((P5+I5)38,"$100","$0")
|
| However, the $100 or $0 is not a functioning number that can be added,
| subtracted or multiplied. Excel is handling it as text.
|
| Thank you very much for your help!

PCLIVE

True number as the result to an If-Then function

I'm not sure what you mean by "Functioning", but you can use the following
and then format your cells as currency.

=IF((P5+I5)38,100,0)