-   -   Format a single column into a row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/11391-format-single-column-into-row.html)

shepbinker

Format a single column into a row

I have a collection of column headers and simply want to move them into a
single Row up and down.

thanks

JulieD

Hi

select your headers and copy them
choose a blank cell in the row you want to paste them into and choose
edit / paste special - transpose - OK

delete the original range if you want to

cheers
JulieD

"shepbinker" wrote in message
I have a collection of column headers and simply want to move them into a
single Row up and down.

thanks

Gord Dibben

shep

They are already in a row(sideways).

What you want is for them to be in one column(up and down).

EditCopy.

Select a column and EditPaste SpecialTransposeOKEsc.

Note: you cannot paste to any part of the original row.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 08:55:06 -0800, "shepbinker"
wrote:

I have a collection of column headers and simply want to move them into a
single Row up and down.

thanks

shepbink

Thanks JulieD this did help...I knew it was simple just couldn't think of
Transpose when I needed too. :-)

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi

select your headers and copy them
choose a blank cell in the row you want to paste them into and choose
edit / paste special - transpose - OK

delete the original range if you want to

cheers
JulieD

"shepbinker" wrote in message
I have a collection of column headers and simply want to move them into a
single Row up and down.

thanks

shepbink

Thanks very much.... I had done it before but was just drawing a blank at a
time I needed it.

wrote:

I have a collection of column headers and simply want to move them into a
single Row up and down.

thanks

JulieD

you're welcome