-   -   I closed an excel file without saving, is there a way to recover? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/113874-i-closed-excel-file-without-saving-there-way-recover.html)

Nick C

I closed an excel file without saving, is there a way to recover?

I was working on an excel file and accidentally closed it without saving it.
Is there way to restore the file through autorecovery or some other means?
Thanks

Dave Peterson

I closed an excel file without saving, is there a way to recover?

Nope.

If the file is closed normally, then the file that autorecover uses is deleted.
I think you'll have to recreate your workbook.

--

Dave Peterson