-   -   Find Replace Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/113833-find-replace-formula.html)

shakey1181

Find Replace Formula

I'd like to replace the full stop from a cell with a '/' and have the result
in a second cell. So 01.01.06 would become 01/01/06.

I have to do this over multiple sheets and cells, so using the find replace
function would take too much time. If there a formula which would do this for
me automatically?

Thanks in advance

Fred Smith

Find Replace Formula

The formula to change the text is:

=substitute(a1,".","/")

If you want to change your cells into real dates, use DataText to Columns...

Fred