-   -   How to copy or move a row on a particular dropdown list selection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/113737-how-copy-move-row-particular-dropdown-list-selection.html)

Patrice

How to copy or move a row on a particular dropdown list selection

I have a file that track tasks. One of the colum (Status colum) contain a
dropdown list selection (ex: CLOSE, IN PROGRESS, RUSH, etc.)
1- On a certain selection, let's say "CLOSE", I want the content of that row
cut to an other sheet (CLOSE task sheet) of the same workbook.
2- On a certain selection, let's say "RUSH", I want the content of that row
copy to an other sheet (RUSH task sheet) of the same workbook.

So my trigger is the selection of my "status" in the drop down.
Can I do that ? If yes, anybody have a hint ?
Thanks!

Dave Peterson

How to copy or move a row on a particular dropdown list selection

You may want to look at the way Ron de Bruin and Debra Dalgleish approached it:

Ron de Bruin's EasyFilter addin:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

Code from Debra Dalgleish's site:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

--

Dave Peterson