-   -   HOW DO I SPLIT ONE CELL IN HALF WITHIN ONE ROW? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/113528-how-do-i-split-one-cell-half-within-one-row.html)

Blondie

HOW DO I SPLIT ONE CELL IN HALF WITHIN ONE ROW?

i need to put two split rows inside of one cell

David Biddulph

"blondie" wrote in message
i need to put two split rows inside of one cell

Alt+Enter will give you a new row within the cell.
--
David Biddulph

Blondie

HOW DO I SPLIT ONE CELL IN HALF WITHIN ONE ROW?

i just tried that and it prints instead of splits

"David Biddulph" wrote:

"blondie" wrote in message
i need to put two split rows inside of one cell

Alt+Enter will give you a new row within the cell.
--
David Biddulph

Gord Dibben

HOW DO I SPLIT ONE CELL IN HALF WITHIN ONE ROW?

You cannot "split" a cell into two pieces either horizontally or vertically.

Explain what you wish to achieve and perhaps someone can help.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"David Biddulph" wrote:

"blondie" wrote in message
i need to put two split rows inside of one cell

Alt+Enter will give you a new row within the cell.
--
David Biddulph

Loris

HOW DO I SPLIT ONE CELL IN HALF WITHIN ONE ROW?

Assuming the data you want to split is in cell A!, you can insert a new row 2
and put your data into cels A1 and A2, then merge cels B1& B2, C1& C2, D1& D2
etc. It's more work, but you'll have the results you wanted.