-   -   How do I get Ghost Letters to show up "behind" my document? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/113458-how-do-i-get-ghost-letters-show-up-behind-my-document.html)

jjohnsonash

How do I get Ghost Letters to show up "behind" my document?

If you bring up the page break preview, you see "Page 1" in "ghost letters".
My question is, how do I choose what words come up behind the document, and
how do I get them to print in the soft grey color?

flummi

jjohnsonash schrieb:

If you bring up the page break preview, you see "Page 1" in "ghost letters".
My question is, how do I choose what words come up behind the document, and
how do I get them to print in the soft grey color?

In MS EXCEL help look for "watermark". Maybe that helps.

Regards

Hans

Gary L Brown

How do I get Ghost Letters to show up "behind" my document?

Use Word Art to generate the text of your watermark.

- On the drawing toolbar, click Insert WordArt.
- Select the type of design you want and select'OK'
- Enter your text in the textbox and select'OK'

- Right-click the text box to show the WordArt toolbar
- Left-Click on 'Format WordArt'
- On the 'Colors and Lines' tab...
- Select FillColor and select a light grey
- Select FillColor and check the 'Semitransparent' checkbox
- Select LineColor and select 'No Line'
- On the 'Properties' tab...
- Check the 'Print Object' checkbox
- Select 'OK'

- To change the size of the textbox, grab an end of the textbox and drag it
- To rotate the textbox, Select the 'Free Rotate' button.
- Grab an end of the textbox and turn it

HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.