-   -   Prevent User Seeing Data in Hidden Columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/113442-prevent-user-seeing-data-hidden-columns.html)

Louise

Prevent User Seeing Data in Hidden Columns

Hi,

Can anyone help me, I need to hide some columns so that the end user doesn't
see them, I have hidden them but there is nothing to stop them unhiding them
and seeing what lies beneath. I can't put this data on a hidden sheet as it
doesn't recognise the data in my pivot tables etc...

How can I do this, but so that the customer can still run calculations etc
on the remainder of the report?

Any help gratefully received...

Thanks,

Dave Peterson

Prevent User Seeing Data in Hidden Columns

If you put any data in a worksheet and share that data with others, then there
is nothing you can do to stop the recipient from seeing that data.

Don't trust Worksheet protection. It is easily broken.

--

Dave Peterson