-   -   How do I read .xls files with Windows XP Home Edition? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/11309-how-do-i-read-xls-files-windows-xp-home-edition.html)

Martin

How do I read .xls files with Windows XP Home Edition?

I've received an Excel file that I need to open but Windoes tells me that I
don't have the proper software to open it. How can get it to work?

BMC

I've received an Excel file that I need to open but Windoes tells me that I
don't have the proper software to open it. How can get it to work?

Download and install the Excel 2003 Viewer:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/of...347961033.aspx

Dave O

Windows XP Home is your operating system. The error message you're
getting is telling you that you don't have Excel software on your
machine, which is a requirement to open an Excel file.

[email protected]

Windows XP has its own software to open Excel files so as dave said
you must not have Excel on your computer