-   -   How do you locate External References in an Excel Workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/11298-how-do-you-locate-external-references-excel-workbook.html)

Iain

How do you locate External References in an Excel Workbook

How do you locate the cells which have an external reference? I have tried
using the links function, but this only shows the files that are referenced,
not the cells that relate to them.

Thanks,

Dave Peterson

If you're having trouble finding those links, you can use Bill Manville's
FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--

Dave Peterson

Ken Wright

You can use the excellent utility FINDLINK.XLA, which is freely available
for download from Bill Manville on the following site:-

http://www.bmsltd.ie/mvp/

This will allow you to find all the links and will also allow you to break
them if you wish. One culprit for a link that cannot be found is that you
may well have a named range that is linked to another workbook. If you go
into Insert / Name / Define and then click on each of the names in turn and
look at the reference at the bottom of the dialog box - you may well come
across one that refers to another workbook.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03