Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insert letter/no among word

Hi, can anybody tell me how to insert letter/no among a word/no. e.g. America
i want to put 1 that become Ame1rica in the middle. Thanks friend
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=left(A1,3)&1&right(A1,len(a1)-3)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"ShamsulZ" wrote in message
Hi, can anybody tell me how to insert letter/no among a word/no. e.g.

America
i want to put 1 that become Ame1rica in the middle. Thanks friend

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

the replace or substitute function wil let you replace say r in america with
r1.
=REPLACE(G3,FIND("e",G3,1),1,"e1")."america" is in cell G3 and the formula
returns
ame1rica.
--
paul