-   -   Mark entire row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/112838-mark-entire-row.html)

Yarroll

Mark entire row

Hello,

1) How do I write a macro to mark an entire row based on cursor position?
Something like:

ActiveCell.EntireRow.Font = Bold or
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Font.Bold = True

2) Would it be possible to re-map keyboard functions fr a while (when Excel
file is an "active" window). Since typing text in Excel is not very likely
in my case, I would very much prefer to run a macro like
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Font = Bold
by simply hitting "z", "x" or whatever, rather than look for Ctrl + z etc.

Thanks for any advice.

Yarroll

[email protected]

Mark entire row

Use this code:

Sub BoldRow()

Rows(ActiveCell.Row).Select
Selection.Font.Bold = True

End Sub

After you put that in VBA, go to your macro list under Data--Macro,
choose BoldRow (or whatever you call it) and you can define a keyboard
shortcut for it. I don't think there's a way to make it work without
using the CTRL key.

Yarroll wrote:
Hello,

1) How do I write a macro to mark an entire row based on cursor position?
Something like:

ActiveCell.EntireRow.Font = Bold or
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Font.Bold = True

2) Would it be possible to re-map keyboard functions fr a while (when Excel
file is an "active" window). Since typing text in Excel is not very likely
in my case, I would very much prefer to run a macro like
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Font = Bold
by simply hitting "z", "x" or whatever, rather than look for Ctrl + z etc.

Thanks for any advice.

Yarroll

Yarroll

Mark entire row