-   -   What are the green triangles, in the upper left corner of a cell. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/112787-what-green-triangles-upper-left-corner-cell.html)

Humber

What are the green triangles, in the upper left corner of a cell.

Excell 2003 SP2 - When I enter information into a cell, a green triangle
appears and I cannot find the correct "search phrase" to get an answer as to
what that means. These are spread sheets that have been reformatted from
another version of Excell.

Bob Phillips

What are the green triangles, in the upper left corner of a cell.

The green triangle means there is an anomaly that Excel wants to bring to
your attention. It might be an error, it might not, but it is an aide (in
some opinions).

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Humber" wrote in message
Excell 2003 SP2 - When I enter information into a cell, a green triangle
appears and I cannot find the correct "search phrase" to get an answer as

what that means. These are spread sheets that have been reformatted from
another version of Excell.

Paul B

What are the green triangles, in the upper left corner of a cell.

Humber, that is Excel's error checking, to see the options or turn it off
:), tools, options, error checking
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Humber" wrote in message
Excell 2003 SP2 - When I enter information into a cell, a green triangle
appears and I cannot find the correct "search phrase" to get an answer as
what that means. These are spread sheets that have been reformatted from
another version of Excell.

Kevin B

What are the green triangles, in the upper left corner of a cell.

Those are smart tag indicators. If you click on a cell that has one an icon
will appear to the left/above/below/right, depending upon your current view,
and you can click on this to see what Excel thinks the problem should be. It
could be a number that is formatted as text, or a formula that doesn't
conform to other formulas in a row or column.

Click the drop down on this icon to see a list of choices, one of which is
ignore this error.
--
Kevin Backmann