-   -   Camera Function or Macro? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/112636-camera-function-macro.html)

reno

Camera Function or Macro?

1.I have a data table of US counties 3200 rows and 56 columns.
2.Have a store listing of 500 units
3.I am printing call record forms for use by reps that make calls on the
units.
4.The actual worksheets fill in info on this call record form, triggered by
a store number (lookups data from#2 above, e.g. address, phone#, etc), this
becomes a single page, with space for comments etc, without having to write
in all the contact data. Simply enter the store # and the form is printed
out and ready for use.
5. This call record form is 12 columns wide to contain all the info and to
fit on 8.5x11 sheet of paper.

The question: The new county data I want to include on this sheet is 15-20
columns of data; which is too wide to fit on the call record. Is it possible
to use the camera function to "snap" say columns 25-45 and paste it to the
call sheet to fit in a specified area? (This data would be static and used
only for reference, no math performed.)
Can VBA do this? Obviously, I want to automate this, so that when a new
call record form is printed, this new county data would be on the sheet.

This would be similar to using Vlookup and Concatenate to pull the coulmns
of data...I'm looking for an easier way. Could these Coulmns be Named, and
the use Vlookup to pull the named range as "one piece" so as to fit in the
space allowed?

Appreciate any thoughts.