-   -   Formulas using the same data types but with varying size groups (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/112614-formulas-using-same-data-types-but-varying-size-groups.html)

MAC253

Formulas using the same data types but with varying size groups

Is there a way to enter one formula in a column that will recognize subtotals
as a valid cell reference? I have a spreadsheet that breaks some data into
Regions, Districts and then Territories (Territories are a group of stores,
Districts are a group of territories, and Regions are a group of districts).
What I would like to do is compare the value of each store against it's
territory total, each territory total against it's district total and each
district against it's regional total. The problem is, the groups are of
varying sizes so I can't use a standard formula. Right now I enter one
formula for the stores and edit it for each group of territories - takes a
LOT of time. There has to be an easier way. Any help would be GREATLY
appreciated. Thanks!