-   -   Excel aficionado wants to learn Access (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1126-excel-aficionado-wants-learn-access.html)

Hari

Excel aficionado wants to learn Access

Hi,

I have learned a decent amount about Excel stuff with the help of
colleagues, Newsgroups and websites of Excel Gurus. Till now I was
working in an environment where Excel was used, hence I could post
problems in Excel or ask people around and see the logic behind
solutions. Consequently I could learn Excel faster. (I didnt know a
single thing about VB, but newsgroups folks and their sites taught me
VBA in Excel)

In my job there is no use of Access and I want to learn Access
desperately. I did buy a Primer book on Access but couldnt get
anywhere;partly may be the book wasnt interesting enough or may be I
couldnt have the chance to learn its application in a real life
project .

Could someone be kind enough to recommend Access book/s which are as
good as John Walkenbach's/Stephen Bullen's Excel book. Im posting this
in a Excel group because I thought you people could understand better
how Lucid and informative John's book and recommend Access books of
similar authority and standing.

Thanks a lot
Hari