-   -   exel"negative and positive days for creditors :formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/112582-exel-negative-positive-days-creditors-formula.html)

kent

exel"negative and positive days for creditors :formula

I am making a spredsheet that details creditors by date of last payment.I can
create the formula comparing the days from "now" to the next due date and
mark it "current" or "attention" if its within 30 days but my problem is that
for creditors that are overdue the "dateif"formula will not work as the
calculation will not accept going backwards into negative days.Can anyone
give me a little guidance as Ive mucked around for far to long.
In anticipation Kent

Pete_UK

exel"negative and positive days for creditors :formula

You can subtract one date from another, and as long as you format the
result cell as Number (with 0 dp) then you should be able to see both
positive and negative days. Then use a normal IF on this.

Hope this helps.

Pete