-   -   How do I find data from a list (or table) and insert it in a row? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/11255-how-do-i-find-data-list-table-insert-row.html)

Bobgolfs56

I used to use a spreadsheet program (2 years ago) that allowed me to lookup
an item and insert it into the worksheet. I know the program was at least a
year old at that time (2002). How do I create a list, reference it , and
then insert an item into a row of my choice?

Example: Make of item, item description, and cost.

Does the data go on one worksheet and then get referenced and inserted into
the list of another worksheet? If so, how? I can't seem to get any answers
by reading books on the subject. I no longer have access to the old workbook
from which to study.

Dave Peterson

Maybe that old workbook used =vlookup() or =index(match())

You could look at Debra Dalgleish's site:
and

to see if that rings a bell.

--

Dave Peterson