-   -   Time Stamp (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/11250-time-stamp.html)

Richard

Time Stamp

I need to have a cell stamped with the currant time. If I
use now() the time changes every time the cell is
recalculated. How can this be done?

Nick Hodge

Richard

When is the cell stamped? On opening/closing, printing, any change, etc?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Richard" wrote in message
I need to have a cell stamped with the currant time. If I
use now() the time changes every time the cell is
recalculated. How can this be done?

GregR

Richard use Control+Colon. HTH

Greg
"Richard" wrote in message
I need to have a cell stamped with the currant time. If I
use now() the time changes every time the cell is
recalculated. How can this be done?

I want to stamp cell A1 when I change the value in cell
B1. Thanks.
When is the cell stamped? On opening/closing, printing,

any change, etc?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England

"Richard" wrote in

message
I need to have a cell stamped with the currant time. If

use now() the time changes every time the cell is
recalculated. How can this be done?

.

Nick Hodge

You could use the worksheet_change() event. The code below will place the
current date and time in A1 when any change is made in B1

If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("B1")) Is Nothing Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Offset(0, -1).Value = Now()
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True