-   -   Copying a range to another sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/11237-copying-range-another-sheet.html)

Arlen

Copying a range to another sheet

I have a central data sheet. It has a cell with =TODAY() in it, so it
changes with the months, and shifts lit cells around according to dates and
workdays. Is there a way to not only save this dynamic data sheet at the end
of each day in its current state, but to archive this data to another master
sheet as well, so that data is not lost when the month changes?

For instance, I only need to save data in column A, C, and G to a range
designated for January on a master sheet in the same workbook. When =TODAY()
switches to February, I'd like to automatically archive a new month of data
on the same master sheet in another designated range.

Is this possible? And is it possible to automatically clear that dynamic
sheet upon the advent of the new month?

Thanks for all your help, people.

Arlen

Dave Peterson

You can copy|paste special values and save your static data that way.

And if you know where that information goes, I bet you could have a macro that
copies|paste special|values and then clears the range for the new month.

I'd record a macro when I did it once and then try to generalize it.

--

Dave Peterson