-   -   Excel saved files do not open with a double click? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/112361-excel-saved-files-do-not-open-double-click.html)

luckysarah

Excel saved files do not open with a double click?

When I double click a saved Excel file the Excel program launches, but the
file does not open. I can open the file from Excel by using the drop down
menu under file and then selecting the saved file. This just started
happening.

Dave Peterson

Excel saved files do not open with a double click?

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver