-   -   Shift cells up or down (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/112300-shift-cells-up-down.html)

Rosemary

Shift cells up or down

Hello,

A user brought me a spreadsheet in which the cells had gotten out of
alignment -- that is, the cells in one column had gotten shifted upward so
those cells were no longer in line with the other cells in their row.

I know when deleting cells you can shift the other cells upward or downward,
but how can you select a cell or cells and shift them up or down without
having to do a deletion?

Thanks,

Max

Shift cells up or down

Presuming the cols contain only data, you could just select the mis-aligned
col range, point anywhere at the range boundary (cursor will turn into a 4
arrow pointer), then just drag the range to move it up or down.
--
Max
Singapore
"Rosemary" wrote:
Hello,

A user brought me a spreadsheet in which the cells had gotten out of
alignment -- that is, the cells in one column had gotten shifted upward so
those cells were no longer in line with the other cells in their row.

I know when deleting cells you can shift the other cells upward or downward,
but how can you select a cell or cells and shift them up or down without
having to do a deletion?

Thanks,

Rosemary

Shift cells up or down

Thanks -- that worked,

"Rosemary" wrote:
Hello,

A user brought me a spreadsheet in which the cells had gotten out of
alignment -- that is, the cells in one column had gotten shifted upward so
those cells were no longer in line with the other cells in their row.

I know when deleting cells you can shift the other cells upward or downward,
but how can you select a cell or cells and shift them up or down without
having to do a deletion?

Thanks,

Max

Shift cells up or down