-   -   AutoFilter Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/112183-autofilter-question.html)

AccessHelp

AutoFilter Question

I have an Excel file that contains 5000 records. When I do the AutoFilter of
all records and when I click on the AutoFilter drop-down arrow of a column, I
do not see all the information in the list. Therefore, I can not select the
information that I want to filter.

However, if I do the custom from the drop-down arrow and type in the
criteria, I can then filter the info that I want.

Does anyone know why Excel does not show all the info in the drop-down arrow?

Thanks.

Gord Dibben

AutoFilter Question

We don't know why the developers chose to show only 1000 records maximum, but
using the "Custom" is one way of getting around the limitation.

More workarounds at Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlautofilter02.html#Limits

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:36:02 -0700, AccessHelp
wrote:

I have an Excel file that contains 5000 records. When I do the AutoFilter of
all records and when I click on the AutoFilter drop-down arrow of a column, I
do not see all the information in the list. Therefore, I can not select the
information that I want to filter.

However, if I do the custom from the drop-down arrow and type in the
criteria, I can then filter the info that I want.

Does anyone know why Excel does not show all the info in the drop-down arrow?

Thanks.

AccessHelp

AutoFilter Question

Gord,

Thanks for the info. So it is an Excel problem. I do feel that it is a bug
in Excel.