-   -   Excel file takes a long time to save (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/11218-excel-file-takes-long-time-save.html)

ben@bikecenturies

Excel file takes a long time to save

I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K.
I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and
if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds
to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing
the auto-format setting to "none."

I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it
will take longer to retrace the work by hand.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Ben

Dave Peterson

Try resetting the last used cell.