-   -   How do I create a custom font color in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/112177-how-do-i-create-custom-font-color-excel.html)

Katie

How do I create a custom font color in Excel?

I would like to use a custom color in cells in Excel, but I can't seem to
find how I change it to one not pre-loaded into the program.

MartinW

How do I create a custom font color in Excel?

Hi Katie,

Goto ToolsOptionsColor tab click on a color patch then click modify.

HTH
Martin

Sloth

How do I create a custom font color in Excel?

tools-options-color

click a color and click on modify

"Katie" wrote:

I would like to use a custom color in cells in Excel, but I can't seem to
find how I change it to one not pre-loaded into the program.

Katie

How do I create a custom font color in Excel?

Thank you so much!!!

"Katie" wrote:

I would like to use a custom color in cells in Excel, but I can't seem to
find how I change it to one not pre-loaded into the program.

Katie

How do I create a custom font color in Excel?

Thank you so much!!

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi Katie,

Goto ToolsOptionsColor tab click on a color patch then click modify.

HTH
Martin

Katie

How do I create a custom font color in Excel?

Is there a way to make these colors stay. When I closed Excel and opened it
again, the colors were gone.

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi Katie,

Goto ToolsOptionsColor tab click on a color patch then click modify.

HTH
Martin

MartinW

How do I create a custom font color in Excel?

If you set the colors you want on a blank sheet and save it as a template
file then they will stick for any file started using that template.

HTH
Martin

Katie

How do I create a custom font color in Excel?

Is there a way to do that with the default template, or make this new
template my default?

"MartinW" wrote:

If you set the colors you want on a blank sheet and save it as a template
file then they will stick for any file started using that template.

HTH
Martin

MartinW

How do I create a custom font color in Excel?

Yes Katie there is, to find out about templates the help file is
your best option, just put template into the answer wizard.

HTH
Martin