-   -   viewing newly created access queries in excel via msquery (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/112140-viewing-newly-created-access-queries-excel-via-msquery.html)

CWCPGCFin

viewing newly created access queries in excel via msquery

This is hopefully something simple that I've overlooked. I'm trying to
update an existing Excel pivot table using the refresh command. The table is
refreshed from an access database containing many (30+) queries. I connect to
Access via ODBC, using MSQuery to display a list of queries from the
database. I have just created a new query in the Access database. The
problem is that MSQuery lists my existing (old) queries but refuses to
display the newly created one that I need to use to update Excel. I've tried
various restarts etc. but it still does not appear. Any ideas on how to make
MSQuery display the new query so that I can actually use it would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and effort.