-   -   Deleting unwanted data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/112124-deleting-unwanted-data.html)

Dono

Deleting unwanted data

Hi Guys,

I have a situation where a company has had one if its divisions closed
and all of their products need to be removed from the product listing in
Excel.

I need to remove about 150 products from the product listing which has over
2500.

Is there some way to compare the two lists and then delete the products from
the main list.

regards
Paul

MartinW

Deleting unwanted data

Hi Paul,

How is your data laid out, in a single column or multiple columns?
Is there a unique identifier that you can use Autofilter on? A specific
letter arrangement in the product code or something similar.

Regards
Martin

Dave Peterson

Deleting unwanted data

Chip Pearson has lots of techniques to work with duplicates:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

--

Dave Peterson