-   -   Text to columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/112073-text-columns.html)

Vince

Text to columns

Hello everyone,

can I make this function work over a number of rows, where the text is
not the same in each row? or does it work on 1 column / 1 row at the
time?

Thanks

Gord Dibben

Text to columns

Vince

Will work on one column only, but multiple rows.

If the data in the rows is quite unique you could wind up with a lot of putting
things back together to get what you want.

There are various types of separators/delimiters so try to find one the will do
the job on "most" of the rows.

Sometimes you have to make a few passes to get it all broken out.

Keep the original column and work on a copy or copies of that column.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP