-   -   How do I sort data in tables alphabetically into a list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/111989-how-do-i-sort-data-tables-alphabetically-into-list.html)

samskimilla

How do I sort data in tables alphabetically into a list

Hi, I have some tables of data that contain items in locations in a tray
storage system. I would like to be able to generate an alphabetical list of
all of the items in my tables into a seperate worksheet.
My tables are in the following format -

a b c d e f g
h i
1 item x item y item z etc
2 etc etc
3

I have around 6 tables and would like to produce a single alphabetical list
of all of the data (items) that I have listed in the tables.

Thanks a lot and kind regards

Ian