-   -   When I try to open a document, it is not there. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/111784-when-i-try-open-document-not-there.html)

LisaE

When I try to open a document, it is not there.

I was working with several Excel workbooks open and started to type into one
workbook. The cursor jumped as though I had tabbed through several columns at
once and then I realized that the worksheet I was typing in was not there
anymore. When I went to reopen the worksheet, it would not open. No error
message, just a grey window.

I have never seen this before!!! I have tried to open this document in every
way that I can think of. The recovered document functions the same way -
blank. Yet when I check the document in Explorer, it shows as 73kb - so
something is there.

Any ideas? THANKS!!!

Any ideas????