-   -   =IF(C7=0,"",AVERAGE(H7:H11)) - doesn't work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/111777-%3Dif-c7%3D0-average-h7-h11-doesnt-work.html)

japc90

=IF(C7=0,"",AVERAGE(H7:H11)) - doesn't work

=IF(C7=0,"",AVERAGE(H7:H11))

This formula is not working and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I
want the cell to remain blank and not show an error message when the
related cells are blank. It is blank when the other cells are empty but
it stays blank even when I enter values into the other cells.

Probably a simple fix but I can't get it to work.

All help is appreciated. Thank you.

Dave F

=IF(C7=0,"",AVERAGE(H7:H11)) - doesn't work

What cell are you referring to when you say "I want the cell to remain
blank"? Is it a cell that is in your formula? If so, then you are getting a
circular reference error.

If not, then what's the specific error you're getting?

Another thing to check is whether you have your workbook set to manual or
automatic calculation. To check this, go to Tools, Options, Calculation, and
select automatic calculation, and then close the dialogue box.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"japc90" wrote:

=IF(C7=0,"",AVERAGE(H7:H11))

This formula is not working and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I
want the cell to remain blank and not show an error message when the
related cells are blank. It is blank when the other cells are empty but
it stays blank even when I enter values into the other cells.

Probably a simple fix but I can't get it to work.

All help is appreciated. Thank you.

Franz Verga

japc90 wrote:
=IF(C7=0,"",AVERAGE(H7:H11))

This formula is not working and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I
want the cell to remain blank and not show an error message when the
related cells are blank. It is blank when the other cells are empty
but it stays blank even when I enter values into the other cells.

Probably a simple fix but I can't get it to work.

All help is appreciated. Thank you.

Hi japc90,

To see the AVERAGE(H7:H11) in the cell with your formula, you have to input
a value in C7.

If you want to see the blank if all the cells are blank and the result of
AVERAGE(H7:H11) if C7<0 or the cells in the range H7:H11 have a value, you
can use this formula:

=IF(and(C7=0,iserror(AVERAGE(H7:H11))),"",AVERAGE( H7:H11))

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Marcelo

=IF(C7=0,"",AVERAGE(H7:H11)) - doesn't work

=if(c7=0,"",if(iserror(average(h7:h11)),"",average (h7:h11)))

hth
--
regards from Brazil