-   -   Count If formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/11161-count-if-formula.html)

Denise

Count If formula

I got help yesterday and hopefully can today.

I now need a formula to count the number of "n/a" by each person.

ER MD WAIT TIME TO SEE PHYSICIAN
smith n/a
harris 0:21
david n/a
david 0:43
smith 0:25
harris 0:18
harris n/a

Again, this is the same sheet and has about 2500 entries for one month. I
need to find out what physicians had a wait time of "n/a" without having to
sort the entire sheet by physician.

Thanks.

Peo Sjoblom

For Smith

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A2500="Smith"),--(B2:B2500="n/a"))

replace Smith with a cell where you put the different names for better
usability

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Denise" wrote:

I got help yesterday and hopefully can today.

I now need a formula to count the number of "n/a" by each person.

ER MD WAIT TIME TO SEE PHYSICIAN
smith n/a
harris 0:21
david n/a
david 0:43
smith 0:25
harris 0:18
harris n/a

Again, this is the same sheet and has about 2500 entries for one month. I
need to find out what physicians had a wait time of "n/a" without having to
sort the entire sheet by physician.

Thanks.

Don Guillett

and if n/a is a result of a formula instead of typing in
=SUMPRODUCT(--(C2:C23="Smith"),--(ISNA(E2:E23)))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software