-   -   How do I get a hyperlink to track cut and paste data? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/11154-how-do-i-get-hyperlink-track-cut-paste-data.html)

Kev Nurse

How do I get a hyperlink to track cut and paste data?

I have Excel 2000. I have hyperlinked Sheet1 A1 to Sheet2 A1.
How do I get the hyperlink in Sheet1 A1 to maintain its link with the data
if I cut the data from
Sheet2 A1 and paste it to any other cell on Sheet2?

Any guidance would be much appreciated, thanks.

Regards
Kev Nurse

Peo Sjoblom

You can't, it's not Sheet2!A1 that you move it's the contents. You might want
to look at the hyperlink function instead

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Kev Nurse" wrote:

I have Excel 2000. I have hyperlinked Sheet1 A1 to Sheet2 A1.
How do I get the hyperlink in Sheet1 A1 to maintain its link with the data
if I cut the data from
Sheet2 A1 and paste it to any other cell on Sheet2?

Any guidance would be much appreciated, thanks.

Regards
Kev Nurse

Dave Peterson

You've had a couple of responses to your earlier posts.

And if you're looking for old posts:

Or you can use google (maybe a few hours behind) to search for stuff you've
posted (and find the replies, too)

http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...Excel*&num=100

Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

--

Dave Peterson