-   -   how can I set up a custom filter to ignore the last few digits (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/111507-how-can-i-set-up-custom-filter-ignore-last-few-digits.html)

VzBjim

how can I set up a custom filter to ignore the last few digits

trying to screen out the last 4 digits of a telephone number

David Biddulph

"VzBjim" wrote in message
trying to screen out the last 4 digits of a telephone number

=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-4)
--
David Biddulph

Marcelo

how can I set up a custom filter to ignore the last few digits

Hi,

try to use an auxiliar column excluding the last for digits, and fitler.

if you have 8 digits on the phone number use =right(a2,8)

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.