-   -   Adding actual Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/111506-adding-actual-cells.html)

Ninjapowa

Adding actual Cells

Hello! I would like to add actual cells, and not their values...
example :

in $A$1 I have 1
in $A$2 I have 1

in $C$1 I would like to write an equivalent to this :
=$A$(1+1)

OR, can I replace the A or 1 of my $A$1 with a variable to be able to
retrieve certain info?
For example :

$A$1 = 1
$B$1 = Company name
$B$2 = Address
$B$3 = Phone number

then in another sheet, I use a pull down menu to retrieve this information:
When 1 is selected, I get the info from ($B$[var])

thanks!

David Biddulph

Adding actual Cells

"Ninjapowa" wrote in message
Hello! I would like to add actual cells, and not their values...
example :

in $A$1 I have 1
in $A$2 I have 1

in $C$1 I would like to write an equivalent to this :
=$A$(1+1)

OR, can I replace the A or 1 of my $A$1 with a variable to be able to
retrieve certain info?
For example :

$A$1 = 1
$B$1 = Company name
$B$2 = Address
$B$3 = Phone number

then in another sheet, I use a pull down menu to retrieve this
information:
When 1 is selected, I get the info from ($B$[var])

thanks!

Look up the OFFSET and INDIRECT functions in Excel's help, & see whether one
of those will do the job for you.
--
David Biddulph