-   -   msquery (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/111404-msquery.html)

troestj

msquery

I am interested in creating a field in query based on the values in
existing fields. If the value in field A = 'Y' then insert value in
field B, else do nothing. I get syntax errors, but nothing that is
helpful to correct the 'error'.

--
troestj

CLR

msquery

If you are trying to return to Excel, only those items from column B of the
file you're interrogating that have a corresponding "Y" in column A, then you
can do this by recording a macro to import both columns A and B, with the
condition of only importing rows containing a "Y" in column A, and then
deleting column A once it's in Excel.........

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3