-   -   What happened to my special paste dialog box? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/111309-what-happened-my-special-paste-dialog-box.html)

carol49

What happened to my special paste dialog box?

i have used special paste before to transfer data from one cell in one
worksheet to a cell formed by 4 merged columns in another worksheet--using
copy-special paste-formula. Works like a charm. Now when i try to use
special paste i get a totally different dialog box with totally different
options. Instead of seeing All/formula/Values/formats....etc i see things
like Bitmap, biff, html, hyperlink.....etc HELP Where are the old options?

caraol49

Dave Peterson

What happened to my special paste dialog box?

You have two copies of excel running.

Close one of the workbooks (and that instance of excel).

Then in the remaining instance, do File|Open to open your other file.

Then try your copy|paste special.

--

Dave Peterson

carol49

What happened to my special paste dialog box?

Thanks Dave... i figured i was doing something really stupid!