-   -   How do I export email addresses from excel to outlook? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/11124-how-do-i-export-email-addresses-excel-outlook.html)

Mark Davies

How do I export email addresses from excel to outlook?

I am trying to do a mail merge using email via outlook. I have 200+ addresses
and I'd like to know how to import the addresses into the contacts section of
outlook to do the merge from there. I've tried the help part of out look but
it comes up saying that the excel file has no named ranges and that I should
use excel to name the range of data to be imported.

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks

Mark

Allan Skyner

In outlook select file/import export/ import from another program or file/
and then follow the instructions from the wizard.

Why do you want to do the mailmerge from Outlook? You can use Word to
complete the same task and then use your Excel sheet as the data source, thus
you don't need to import and save all the data in Outlook.