-   -   make it blank! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/111233-make-blank.html)

via135 via OfficeKB.com

make it blank!

hi!

cell A1 has no data and seems tobe blank.
but in B1 when I enter =ISBLANK(A1) it gives me FALSE!!
what's wrong with me and how can I make the cell
actual blank???

help me pl!

-via135

Paul

make it blank!

You probably have a space or something in there. You can go EDIT - CLEAR or
press the DEL key. That should solve it.

"via135 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

hi!

cell A1 has no data and seems tobe blank.
but in B1 when I enter =ISBLANK(A1) it gives me FALSE!!
what's wrong with me and how can I make the cell
actual blank???

help me pl!

-via135

Dave Peterson

make it blank!

Did you have formulas that evaluated to ""?

Like
=if(a17,"greater than 7","")

And then did a copy|paste special|Values?

If you did, you can clean up that range by doing this:

Select the range to clean up
edit|Replace
what: (leave blank)
with: $$$$$
replace all

Then
edit|replace
what: $$$$$
with: (leave blank)
replace all

"via135 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

hi!

cell A1 has no data and seems tobe blank.
but in B1 when I enter =ISBLANK(A1) it gives me FALSE!!
what's wrong with me and how can I make the cell
actual blank???

help me pl!

-via135

Dave Peterson

via135 via OfficeKB.com

make it blank!

yes..Dave..u r absolutely correct!
thks for pinpointing the problem!

-via135

Dave Peterson wrote:
Did you have formulas that evaluated to ""?

Like
=if(a17,"greater than 7","")

And then did a copy|paste special|Values?

If you did, you can clean up that range by doing this:

Select the range to clean up
edit|Replace
what: (leave blank)

with: $$$$$