-   -   In Excel, use a different row for headings (not row 1) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/111145-excel-use-different-row-headings-not-row-1-a.html)

Patti

In Excel, use a different row for headings (not row 1)

Hi! I'm trying to do a mail merge from an Excel sheet. Unfortunately, it was
set up with some other information in the first few rows. Can I mark a
different row as the header row for my data? They are in row 5.

Gord Dibben

In Excel, use a different row for headings (not row 1)

Patti

Give your range a name using InsertNameDefine

i.e. Select the range A6:H123 and name it Mailname

When in Word, refer to that name as the source.

Alternate..............Cut the few rows and paste to another sheet.

You can always bring them back later.

Alternate...............Copy the mail merge data to a new sheet.

Move that sheet to first in the workbook.

Word will use that first sheet by default.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP